Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Run Because...

In case you missed it, today is....

I plan on taking a nice, long run later this evening at a new trail that we discovered at Holly Recreation Area. This area has really helped renew my running again. In recognition of today, here's a brief list of the reasons why I run. I'd love hear your reasons as well so share below! :)



I Run Because...

- It makes me feel strong.
- My health depends on it.
- It's cheaper than therapy (both psychological & retail).
- The silence is needed sometimes.
- I'd rather be sore than sorry.
- Sometimes I just need to get away from life.
- It makes me feel healthier...and happier.
- It gives me something to work towards.
- It gives me energy.
- It gives me an excuse to buy cute workout clothes.
- Some of my best ideas come while zoned out running.
- My personal best is just that: mine.
- I can participate in fun races to raise money and get covered in mud.
- I really like to eat.
- I really, really like chocolate.
- I enjoy the scenery.
- I love the endorphin rush.
- It makes my legs look fab!
- I like the one on one time with the hubby.
- It makes getting dressed in the morning so much more positive.
- It's the best way to sight see.
- There's a freedom in just getting out and running with no destination in mind.
- It gives me an excuse to take a break sometimes.
- It's a great stress reliever.
- I love crossing a finish line and the positiveness of those also running.
- It makes my heart, lungs and muscle stronger for a longer and healthier lifetime.
- It decreases my chances of cancers.
- It increases my lifespan.
- It fights obesity.
- It gives me confidence.
- I can. You never know when that could be taken away.



Are you doing anything today to celebrate National Running Day? If you need some ideas here are 10 ways to celebrate. I'd love to hear what you love about it or any goals you've set.  My next big goal: Run a 10k! There's one in late August so I'm really considering it


Are there any specific reasons that you love running? 

4 comments:

  1. A few..1. I'm vain. Running burns a lot of calories in little time. 2. I can zone out. Just listen to music, and move legs. 3. I'm competitive, I like to place well in races. 4. Some jerk said I couldn't, even if that jerk was me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on number 1 for sure! I love the quick calorie burn of a run so that it allows me time to do other things too.

      Sometimes your number one critic is yourself. Good for you for pushing through despite not believing in it initially. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on most of that lest. Except for the cute workout clothes - I run in Salvation Army shorts and race entry shirts. And I will take your level of chocolate love and double it. At least.

    BTW, my wife & I visited Mt. Pleasant just a little while ago. We were looking for a Chinese fix and Panda in Clare is no more. The Great Wall Buffet is incredible. Ever been there?

    Jeff
    jeff@fitnessat50.net
    http://fitnessat50.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most the time I wear my grungy, old clothes, but if a fun event is coming up I like to take it as an excuse to treat myself to something cute. ;)

      I had never been to Panda but had heard about it from others. I bet a lot of people are disappointed that it is gone now though. We used to go to Great Wall! I love their buffet...so many choices. Hunan House has some wonderful entrees too. Do you go to Mt.Pleasant often? We recently moved out of there and downstate (to Fenton), but if you're back in town and like sushi, you should give Midori a try. Great food there too! Awesome brewery on High Street too (Mount Pleasant Brewing company). Thanks for the comment!

      Delete